Code of Conduct
Acceptance of, and adherence to this Code is a condition of participation in the
Cottage Grove Area Chamber of Commerce or a supported program or project. The
Chamber reserves the right to deny participation to any company if, in its sole opinion, a
participant’s business conduct or ethical behavior may cast a negative light on the
Chamber's programs, projects or services.
- Respect the human rights and dignity of all others
- Comply with all applicable local, state, federal laws and regulations
- Treat all persons and entities in a professional and respectful manner
- Cooperate reasonably with other related organizations
- Present their company and products honestly
- Avoid unfair or deceptive practices
- Conduct any relationship with honesty, fairness, and objectivity
- Not make false, fictitious, or misleading claims
- Disclose conflicting business interests
- Ensure that working environments are safe
- Not share information contained in confidential and private correspondence
- Respect the intellectual property rights, patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade
secrets, or any other proprietary business information of others
- Acknowledge that lawful, reasonable competition for business among
participants is customary and to be encouraged
- Refrain from conversation with like industries on pricing for goods, which could
appear as price fixing.
Any form of Harassment which includes bullying offensive comments/conduct, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy discrimination) sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information or physical or mental disability directed at staff or fellow members will not be tolerated and could result in a dropped membership and/or the inability to renew membership within the chamber of commerce.